Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Etcheverry Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-1740
Koushil Sreenath is an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, at UC Berkeley. He received a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and a M.S. degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, MI, in 2011. He was a Postdoctoral Scholar at the GRASP Lab at University of Pennsylvania from 2011 to 2013 and an Assistant Professor at Carnegie Mellon University from 2013 to 2017. His research interest lies at the intersection of highly dynamic robotics and applied nonlinear control. His work on dynamic legged locomotion on the bipedal robot MABEL was featured on The Discovery Channel, CNN, ESPN, FOX, and CBS. His work on dynamic aerial manipulation was featured on the IEEE Spectrum, New Scientist, and Huffington Post. His work on adaptive sampling with mobile sensor networks was published as a book entitled Adaptive Sampling with Mobile WSN (IET). He received the Best Paper Award at the Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS) Conference in 2013, and the Google Faculty Research Award in Robotics in 2015.
Click here to view Koushil Sreenath’s CV.
Areas of interest include hybrid dynamic robotics, applied nonlinear control, dynamic legged locomotion, dynamic and aerial manipulation.
- Ph.D. 2011, Electrical Engineering: Systems, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor
- M.S. 2011, Applied Mathematics, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor
- M.S. 2005, Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington
- B.E. 2002, Electronics & Communications, Vishweshwaraiah Technological University
- Google Faculty Research Award – Robotics, 2015.
- NSF CISE Research Initiation Initiative Award, 2015
- Marquis Who’s Who in America, 2015
- Donald L. and Rhonda Struminger Faculty Fellow – Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2013-2014.
- Best Paper Award – Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS), 2013.
- Cover Article – IEEE Control Systems Magazine (CSM), Vol. 31, No. 2, 2011.
- Technical Session Award, Engineering Graduate Symposium, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2010.
- Best Paper Award – IEEE Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics (RAM), 2006.
- Organizer for NSF Workshop on Locomotion and Manipulation: Why the Great Divide?
- Co-Organizer for RSS 2014 Workshop on Dynamic Locomotion
- NSF Reviewer and Panelist, 2013, 2014.
- Reviewer for the following Journals: IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (TAC), International Journal of Robotics Research (IJRR), IEEE Transactions on Robotics (TRO), Journal of Autonomous Robots, Robotica, IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, Chaos, Journal of Artificial Intelligence, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, ASME Journal of Mechanics and Robotics, IEEE Transactions on Mechatronics, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, International Journal of Humanoid Robotics, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Journal of Simulation Modeling Practice and Theory.
- Reviewer for the following conferences: IEEE Control and Decision Conference (CDC), American Control Conference (ACC), Robotics: Science & Systems (RSS), IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control (MSC), IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), ASME/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction.
- Memberships: Tau Beta Pi, Eta Kappa Nu, IEEE, IEEE Control Systems Society, IEEE Robotics and Automation Society, mensa.
To view a list of Professor Sreenath’s publications, please click here.